Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sets, sets ,sets!

I have been remiss in my blogging! I've been a very busy boy. There is so much to do when preparing for a show. Last Friday, our Director, Jeanine Fynn and our stage manager, Christine Dibble went shopping. They picked up all the little things that we needed, paint, supplies, primer, tape, sponges, staplers, and a host of other things we needed.

Saturday, we had an all day painting party. Several members of our cast came out, and we accomplished a lot! We painted our Act II backdrop on the wall at the back of the stage, and we primed the giant 10 X 20 piece of canvas we are using for our Act I backdrop.

The party continued on Monday... a whole different set of cast members came out, and we hung the canvas and painted an amazing forest scene for Act I. I suck at painting, and I kind of feel like the kid in grade school who sucks at art class.

Today, we went to pick up the set pieces that the Fraser Valley Gilbert and Sullivan Society is kindly lending us. There are fairy trees, stumps, and giant rocks you can stand on. There is also a sentry box and giant fence for Act II. All in all, this is going to be a great looking show, complimented by the amazing costumes that our costumer Alex Hansen is making for us, which we got a sneak peek at last week.

We still have a lot of hard work ahead of us, but I'm starting to get really excited for opening night!

John Arsenault
Music Director

No comments:

Post a Comment