Thursday, July 23, 2009

Turning the corner

There comes a time in the rehearsal period for every show where you can see it "turn the corner". The point where you go from worrying how on earth you are going to pull it together to knowing it is going to be ok. We turned the corner this week.

I don't know what causes this phenomenon, but I am certain that it happens. Even though our cast is small, I am amazed at some of the sounds they make. We're about 70% there. When everyone is on, they're on. When everyone concentrates, we make great music. I am including myself in this equation. It's so easy to let my concentration lapse just for a second, and I can't afford to. Not. Ever.

So, now that we've turned the corner, I'm sure we are going to have a great show on our hands. Now, my energy and attention needs to go into all the stuff that needs doing. Set building, painting, props, wigs, costumes, and all the other stuff that goes with producing an opera.

I'm ready!

John Arsenault
Music Director

No comments:

Post a Comment