Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The final stretch

Well, we're here. All we have left is tech rehearsals, cue to cue, and dress rehearsals. The first tech is tomorrow night and I have to admit, I'm pretty excited. The show is getting better and better all the time. I had no idea how FUNNY some of our cast members are. I've only seen some of them do more serious roles, but comedy suits them very well!

Tomorrow we will see the costumes for the first time. I'm stoked. They make all the difference in a show. Until you see them, it's just a bunch of people running around in their street clothes being funny.

The workthrough for Act II last night went pretty smooth. There were some bumps along the way, but a very valiant effort for the first time through from beginning to end. I am so proud of our casts for how far they have come in the last two weeks. This city is so full of great talent.

I'll let you know how the rest of the rehearsals go ;-)

John Arsenault
Music Director

No comments:

Post a Comment