Friday, August 21, 2009

Opening Night was a Success!

Last night was the night...the opening night of Iolanthe. Dragon cast. And they rocked the house. I was so incredibly proud of everyone - the cast was hilarious and poignent and sounded beautiful; John did an awesome job conducting; the costumes were breathtaking; the technical side went smoothly; and best of all, the audience ATE IT UP! They loved it! People weren't just giving the requisite "I'm really enjoying it" that I often hear. They were raving. Several people said they'd be returning to see it again. One woman told me she was a huge G&S fan, and had seen D'Oyly Carte do this show, and ours was more fun. Than D'OYLY CARTE! We weren't sold out, but had a really good sized house for a Thursday opening. I'm expecting to sell out a couple shows. Tonight is already pre-sold to 65% and we'll see more at the door.

John and I were talking afterward (as we do after every rehearsal and show) and realized that we still have seven shows and were SO EXCITED because we loved it so much last night that we don't want it to end!

Hope you all get a chance to see it! It will make your night.

Jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment