Monday, August 17, 2009

Obsessed? Not at all...

So here is my first foray into the blogosphere as a producer/director. We are three days from opening night. I am literally vibrating, I am so excited for the opening! I can't concentrate on anything but the show and am dreaming of the moment where I sink into my seat and the house lights dim. John and I are so obsessed that we keep checking the email inbox. 10 minutes ago we responded simultaneously with the exact same answer to a cast member's question. Obsessed. Which, I guess, is good for a producer.

We had our first dress rehearsal on the weekend, and it was thrilling. There were certainly a couple of snags along the way, but that's what dress rehearsals are for, right? I actually teared up a little because I was so proud of the work our team has put in both on and offstage. They are a talented and funny group of people. The set looks amazing. (I kind of want to plunk a bed, couch and hotplate in the middle of it all and call it home. Is that bad?) The costumes are breathtaking. We've had a lot of good press, and sales are good. Now all I need is to make it through the next 72 hours!

See you there!
Jeanine Fynn
Artistic Director

No comments:

Post a Comment