Monday, August 17, 2009

Checking out the other guys...

On a side note, Jeanine and I went to check out another small company in Vancouver this weekend. They are called Fighting Chance Productions. They are currently running the musical RENT at the Presentation House Theatre in North Vancouver. I LOVED it. I loved everything about it. I left it with that wonderful feeling, that "high" you get when you have seen a great show.

I have renewed energy because I know that we can produce that high! Our cast is certainly capable of it. We have all the right ingredients. Our sets are great, our costumes are great, and our cast is GREAT. There's so much talent there.

Also, we are very lucky to have the AMAZING Angus Kellet at the piano. He is a staff pianist at Vancouver Opera and is one of the finest pianists in the city. And, I don't even need to comment on my co-founder Jeanine Fynn's directing abilities. She's a very gifted director.

Combine all of the above with a fantastic and enthusiastic board (all but one are filling key roles in the production, both on and off stage), and we have a winning combination. I'm so excited to see what happens on stage!!

John Arsenault
Music Director

No comments:

Post a Comment