Thursday, August 9, 2012

Meet a DragonDiva - Tracy Wiens


Tracy Wiens
Grace
 


Name:  Tracy Wiens

Voice Type (if a singer):   Lyric Soprano

Role:  One of the three Graces

Hometown:  Salem, Oregon


Is this your first time performing with DragonDiva? 

No!  I have been with Dragondiva since the beginning.  You may remember me as a very sexy Dick Deadeye in last year’s HMS Pinafore, Celia in Iolanthe, Edith in Pirates of Penzance, or The Dew Fairy/Sandman in Hansel und Gretel.

Favourite thing about the role you are playing in Old Maid and the Thief? 

I love the music…the harmonies are wonderful to sing when everything comes together.  It is the first time I have sung music like this….I love how it sounds!

Where did you find inspiration for your role? 

I have been watching many Andrew Sisters videos (and other performers) from the WWII era.

Favourite part of Old Maid and the Thief?

In the opera proper, I like the part when Bob first enters the scene.  I enjoy the ladies’ reactions to FINALLY having a man in the house!
 
What attracted you to the operatic stage? 

The music, of course!  I came to opera via musical theatre and dance.  To be able to sing an aria well, is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.

How would you describe opera to someone who has never seen one?  

It is like a really good book, except all the words are sung.

A lot of singers and actors have day jobs…do you? 

I have just graduated with my Bachelor of Music Degree, and am currently looking for work in arts administration/management, as well as teaching music to the young.
 
Do you have a secret talent other than singing?

I am very good at Facebooking.  But I don’t think it’s a secret anymore.

Favorite non-classical music?

I will always be a rock ‘n roll girl at heart :-)  I also love listening to and singing musical theatre tunes.

Any upcoming performances you want to share?

Actually, I don’t ….which is unusual for me………..I guess we’ll see what the Fall brings to me this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment