Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome to our new blog!


Welcome to DragonDiva Operatic Theatre's new blog. You can keep yourself updated on our company and follow our preparation for our shows!

We've been very busy! We are now three weeks into rehearsal for our upcoming production of Iolanthe. Please follow the link to our website one the left for performance details. I have been having a great time conducting this very talented group of singers. I feel this may be one of our strongest overall casts yet! I am already very happy with the sound and I still have weeks of rehearsal before we have to open the show.

It's always an exciting point for me when I turn the rehearsals over to the talented and wonderful Ms. Fynn. She is a very gifted director and I can only imagine what hilarity she has in store for us.

We recently participated in the Canada Day celebrations in Queen's Park (see picture above!). It was a great success. We handed out a number of flyers for our show and we had lots of costumes for the children to dress up in and have their pictures taken. All in all, a fun day. Special thanks to Kayla, Tracy and Grant for their help!

Keep on the lookout for more posts about our progress on Ioalanthe. It certainly looks like it is going to be a memorable show!

John Arsenault
Music Director

No comments:

Post a Comment