Friday, July 23, 2010

Meant to be.

You know how sometimes you get a new sweater, and it quickly becomes your favourite sweater because it fits perfectly and feels as if it was made just for you? Well after the last few weeks of rehearsal, I am starting to think that there are a couple of singers in our cast who have found their "sweater role" in this opera. When they open their mouths to sing, I get instant shivers and I smile uncontrollably and John and I give knowing looks of approval over his baton. I love moments like that, and I am so excited that we get to share them with you in LESS THAN A MONTH!

I opened the stage door last night as we were running a duet with Cinderella and the Prince. People who have never seen an opera (nor did they, I suspect, ever plan on it) were drawn in by the sounds of Massenet. I think we have a few more operatic recruits!

Jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment